Sunday, March 10, 2013

Letter from Grandma

I truly believe that death cannot separate us from those we love. I'll be honest, I had a hard week and was feeling pretty low, when I came across a birthday card from my Grandma Story, twenty nine years ago. I hope you don't mind me sharing.

Dear sweet Mary
My best wishes and my prayers for your happiness today and always...
Try to learn something good from everything that happens to you, even the bad or sad things. This is very hard to do, but you can do it if you try and remember to ask Heavenly Father to help and guide you. May you live after the manner of happiness so that the beautiful potential in you may come out and bless you and everyone your life touches.
Love always, Grandma Story

Growing up, whenever I felt down, I'd find myself calling my Grandma. I rarely told her how I felt, but she always cheered me up. She had a way of making you feel loved and that no matter what, things would work out. I knew after talking to her that I'd find my way out of whatever dark tunnel I found myself in. So today, I was missing my Grandma, wanting to call her up and have one of our talks, when I found this old birthday card. Thank you Grandma, you knew just what to say. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment